29 June 2005

"hellth care" (sic) in Canada.

well. i sat in a waiting room for over an hour today, only to have a FEMALE doctor tell me that women are CURSED TO ENDURE PAIN AND SHOULDN'T BE QUESTIONING IT (her words) and basically i should just Suck it up that I've been experiencing (coming and going) fever, vertigo, passing out (okay, only once) and some invisible entity that is insisting as of late on ripping my innards apart, ovulating or not, all month long.
she told me (i KID YOU NOT) to just take some advil.
perhaps most people don't think this is Completely Fucking outrageous.
i mean this is the sort of prognosis I would expect from a male doctor of course (sorry guys), that sympathetic expression that males have to put on, 'coz the dear things don't know what the hell is going on in there or what it feels like, despite what their textbooks (or girlfriends) might tell them.
but it can't be that bad, they think, or they would call it cancer or something.

But to have a woman say to me that we're meant to be in pain, and just because something is painful doesn't mean there is anything wrong (her words again), and then refuse to examine the problem further, is to me an example of Iredeemable INSANITY.

of course, you can call me histrionic, you wouldn't be the first. Gah.

1 comment:

kimmerker said...

Will you ill us trait this
medical emergent sea?

I'm E clad, camel id, mice lad;
mild ace, decimal, ciel mad.
Amid cel', I calmed acid me'L.
Lid came,
calm iDe;
Cim Deal.
CLim ade, dae milc Lic dame;
claimed Lead mic,
die calm,
medalic,
medical calmedi,
diem Cal'.

IMECLAD
CAMELID
MICELAD
MILDACE
DECIMAL
CIELMAD
AMIDCEL
ICALMED
ACIDMEL
LIDCAME
CALMIDE
CIMDEAL
CLIMADE
DAEMILC
LICDAME
CLAIMED
LEADMIC
DIECALM
MEDALIC
MEDICAL
CALMEDI
DIEMCAL

I'm E clad
camel Id,
mice lad;
Mild ace,
decimal
ciel mad.
Amid cel',
I calmed
acid me'L.
LiD came,
calm Ide,
Cim deal-
cLIm ade,
dae milc
Lic dame.
Claimed
lead mic,
die calm,
medalic,
medical
calmedi
diem cal.