22 March 2005

nostalgia...(the series)

it's only with a slight ironic chuckle that i notice my computer's default inclination to add a number after i type the word nostalgia in the title section. this is not the first time i've used that heading.
well, SO BE IT! sitting around with Barker and ice cream on a sunday night, he pointed out that the word nostalgia is in fact not a positive term, etymologically speaking. i, of course, did not believe him.
so i pulled out the old oed and stuck my nose in it, to come out with this:
nostalgia n 1. severe homesickness. 2. sorrowful longing for conditions of a past age; regretful or wistful memory of earlier time.
hmm. it's a strange definition to me. honest to gods, very few things give me greater joy than nostalgia.

of course i also draw dead babies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is not All bad.
Once Again.
(not Wince Again).
N O S T A L G I A
A LAST GO IN
A LOST GAIN
A SIGNAL TO
A LASTING O
I SANG ALOT
A GIANT SOL
ALIGNS TAO
N O S T A L G I A

the mad scrambler.

stef lenk said...

it's true. i like those Alot.